Monday, June 14, 2010

I Love Gold - Abu Dhabi Palace Hotel Part 1

I'm posting some old youtube videos made by "MadMax". I really like these videos because they are so candid. I would have taken this footage, or something similar, if I were vacationing in Dubai. I'm also in a love/hate relationship with MadMax's running commentary. I love it because I really do feel like I'm walking with him or he is making this video for me and just blabbing mindlessly. I hate it b/c he comes off as an arrogant prick: a little too much personality. Basically, this trip was part of a birthday present for him. Instead of being aware how lucky he is to travel and have these experiences he is engaged in an on-going critique of Dubai. Teenagers.

MadMax is Canadian. CANADIAN. A fact that I am gratified to note, because internationally, Americans are stereotyped as being cultural ignorant. Well, We are not the only ones people. We just say it in a louder voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment